Crookston Community Group is a charity organisation in Glasgow that has developed and supports a range of projects, using arts, culture, education, festivals, sport, etc., aimed at building bridges among a diversity of cultures and communities. Our FareShare Glasgow and the West of Scotland warehouse supports several Crookston Community Group services by providing a weekly delivery of good quality, surplus food. Crookston Community Group now provide over 500 meals per week in the local area, through a variety of activities, including:
- Food share drop-in centre, a service provided every Wednesday, when individuals and families from the local community can come in to receive a variety of fresh and ambient food. An average food parcel provided to a family is worth £50.
- Food share on wheels, which provides food, including emergency parcels, seven days a week to people who aren’t able to come in to the community centre.
- Food share pop-up events, providing a drop-in service in other locations – previous pop-up events have been held at Govanhill Baths, Arden Community Centre, Pollok Community Centre, The Wedge, Govan Community Project, Migrant Help and SWAMP.
- Children’s school holiday lunch club, providing nutritious meals from Monday-Friday, 12pm-2pm, during the school holidays.
- ‘Get Yourself Connected’ , IT classes run every Tuesday and Thursday from 10am-12pm, with refreshments provided.
- Adult and children language classes, available in seven different languages, with refreshments provided.
- Youth games and movie club, for young people every Friday night from 7pm-9pm, with drinks and snacks provided.
- Coffee morning on Thursdays from 10am-12pm, with tea, coffee and treats, as well as helpful guest speakers including Citizens Advice Scotland and Money Matters.
- Multi-culture fun days on specific dates throughout the year.
If you’re interested in any of the services Crookston Community Group provide, you can contact them on 0141 882 4333, firstname.lastname@example.org, or pop in at 56 Beltrees Road.
If you think your organisation or community group could benefit from receiving a weekly supply of good quality, surplus food, please contact Scott at our FareShare Glasgow and the West of Scotland warehouse on 0141 958 1133 or email@example.com for more information on becoming a community food member.