Visiting Support Service
Move On is a member of the Gateway Consortium, a partnership between 7 organisations working together to provide support for people over the age of 16 who are currently at risk of becoming homeless or have experienced homelessness in the past.
We offer visiting support aimed at preventing and resolving homelessness. The support focusses on the needs of the individual service user, which can include any of the following:
- Tenancy Issues
- Budgeting, household finances and debt advice
- Support with physical and mental health issues
- Information on and referral to other services in the community (health, education, employment, addiction, mental health, etc.)
- Advocacy and Empowerment
- Benefits and welfare rights advice
- Help to explore housing options
- Providing links to employment
- Support to develop independent living skills
- Help to deal with isolation and connect with your local community
Move On works to unlock the potential of people affected by homelessness to raise their aspirations, build their confidence, take more control over their own futures and achieve their chosen goals.
We work with people who live in Edinburgh City Centre, Leith or North Edinburgh and we can offer visiting support for a period of up to 6 months. We can support people who are owner occupiers, live in private lets, are council or housing association tenants or who are in temporary accommodation.
Anyone in Edinburgh City Centre, Leith or North Edinburgh moving into a tenancy, having previously been homeless.
The Service accepts self-referrals and referrals from recognised agencies. To make a referral please contact the service manager, Gaby Nolan, on 0131 558 3740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.