Are you interested in a career in warehousing and improving your employability skills? We’re looking to recruit some inspiring new people to join our accredited Elevate Glasgow – FareShare Warehousing Training Course. This is a unique programme for those wishing to gain some valuable employability training as well as work experience in a live working environment at our FareShare depot, on South Street in Glasgow.
- The training and work experience will be provided simultaneously – this way you will be able to get a taste for both aspects of the course right from the beginning
- As a volunteer at the FareShare depot you will gain experience in stock taking, manual handling, sorting deliveries, order picking, etc.
- You will have the opportunity to gain your Elementary Food Hygiene Certificate, a certificate in Manual Handling and a First Aid Training certificate
- The course will run twice a week (Tuesdays and Wednesdays, between 10am and 4pm) for six weeks
- Move On also have Money Debt Advice and Literacy and Numeracy services. The training course will give everyone the opportunity to meet with the money and debt advice staff and literacy tutors who will be available to support you to complete the course
- Lunch and travel expenses will be provided
- Currently unemployed
- Living in the Glasgow area (Glasgow City Council postcode)
- In recovery from drugs and/or alcohol and away from a problematic/chaotic lifestyle for a period of at least 3 months
If you have any further questions about the eligibility, please contact a member of the Elevate team.
Prior to starting
Those who apply will be invited for an informal conversation with the Move On team.
Deadline for applications
Close of business, Wednesday 28th March.
Tuesday 17th April 2018.
How to apply:
Applications should be send to firstname.lastname@example.org